Contrary to long held belief, modern doulas with Albany Doula support you and your family no matter the type of birth you need or desire. We provide assistance and nonjudgmental doula care even after you get an epidural (along with special techniques to help keep the birth low key and smooth) or even when a cesarean is in the cards for you.
- Once you have given birth, give a phone call to your designated placenta specialist and either let them know over the phone or leave a detailed voicemail.
- Pack up your placenta according to your safety directions.
- Proceed with your pickup or dropoff arrangements according to your specialist’s arranged schedule.
- Receive your pills and complimentary add-ons in 3 to 7 days.
- Send us an inquiry.
- Chat on the phone with a qualified doula or placenta specialist (you’ll get a personal call.)
- Fill out the proposal you received in your inbox, along with your contract for services.
- Submit your credit card payment for arranged amount.
- You’re done!
Postpartum doulas are highly trained specialists that offer new parents complete services to help improve family life. Our doulas offer light cleaning, baby care support, breastfeeding or bottlefeeding assistance, laundry, simple meal preparation, cloth diaper and babywearing education as well as continual referrals to community agencies. We also offer overnight baby care shifts to help families get some extra sleep.
Placenta encapsulation is the act of cooking, dehydrating and putting your placenta into capsules. When prepared by an expert specialist, the final placenta pill product will look very similar to a vitamin, which you can incorporate into your daily health regimen in the postpartum period. Other products can be manufactured from the placenta as well, such as smoothies, tinctures, salves (amazing for fine lines,) chocolate truffles, essences and well, pretty much anything else you can imagine. To discuss adding any of these items to your services, please contact us directly.
A birth doula, in essence, is a walking, talking birth knowledge wiki that you can depend on for evidence based information, along with unconditional support. We can guide you through the decisions you may have to make in pregnancy and labor with the cold hard facts, while warmly embracing you as an individual whose birth needs are like nobody else’s. When labor begins, doulas arrive at your request, in your home or the hospital, to provide physical relief methods, words of encouragement and support for your partner so they are at their best.